Monday, September 28, 2009

Little bit on process





So a little bit about process. Scrolling down I posted a video of a short hand drawn sequence of animation. Well I took that and turned it into stop motion. I used tracing paper to trace over the different frames and then redraw those images on canvas paper. Canvas paper makes some really nice puppets. It's strong enough to hold any sort of hinging technique you'd want to use. Then I cut out each piece and animated it under the camera. Pretty simple stuff. I think I like this technique so much because when I paint each image on the canvas paper the textures(however subtle) move really well. It can be awkward at times though when some textures are moving and other are not but its still an over all nice movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment