Friday, August 28, 2009

Kihachiro Kawamoto.

http://www.midnighteye.com/interviews/kihachiro_kawamoto.shtml

http://theeveningclass.blogspot.com/2006/07/japanese-animationkihachir-kawamoto.html


So this is why I love the internet...I can find amazing information about people from all over the world. Take these two links for example. Both about the same person and their work. BOTH REALLY AMAZING AND SO IS THE ANIMATOR! I must admit I've never heard of him before, but Kihachiro Kawamoto is someone I plan on spending tons of time exploring! From what I can tell Kawamoto went from using 3-D puppets in his stop motion work to using cut outs. He explains that 3-D puppets are a story or have a story, but cut outs are a little more free. The animator creates their story through movement. ( I'm paraphrasing FYI). If you love cut out animation this is your man! Please take the time to read both links and explore more!

Here are some links to his animation on youtube. I'm assuming he wouldn't mind giving the home page claims to only bring his works ( and that of others) to the web so we can view it. And thankful so!





This is rather surreal and I can't get enough of it....I really can't.



Here's some of his 3-D work as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment